We have a square rooftop at our house that I am slowly covering with pots full of veges. Currently I have five pots of various sizes and one parrot cage. The pots are filled with lettuce, celery, spring onions, bok choi, spinach, marigolds, rocket, fennel and various herbs. I’ve constructed them using permaculture methods, creating […]
Does anyone have any permaculture advice for Kerenza aside from the how to posted on the blog previously… Hello, we live in Durban and would like to start a Permaculture veggie patch. I hear that you start above soil level, please can you tell me if I have this correct: First layer: thick cardboard; next […]
The South African government is hoping to increase the number of smallholding farmers and black commercial farmers in the next five years to reduce the growing food security challenges currently facing the country. “If we can reach out to 300 000 smallholding farmers in the next five years and at least 30 000 black commercial […]
The Durban Botanic Gardens Permaculture Centre offers a wide range of food garden programmes for young and old. Permaculture is an accessible and affordable way to grow safe organic food at minimal cost to both one’s pocket and the environment. Courses and programmes will be of interest to the home owner, children, teachers, students, land […]
Yay I’m going to be famous 🙂 Here is the pic – we did a step by step permaculture box with my little cousins. Fingers crossed for my little aubergine and butternut! Sam (more…)
- Shmuel Goldstein: Potato plants are NOT poisonous for rock rabbits. ...
- Pitsi: Hi every1 im looking for advise or help just wanna...
- bronwyn hawkes: Hi, I am desperately looking for a pink double ...
- Lulama: Hi guys, I'm looking on farming Comfrey but I nee...
- Tracey: I have bitter gourd seed. Please email me what exo...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015