This is a picture of my mother’s rosemary bush. Coming from Durban, where I have always struggled to grow rosemary, seeing this kind of wonder fills me with the desire to cook and eat and dive headfirst into the bush. The other evening I made rosemary, sundried tomato, red onion and danish feta roast potatoes. […]
It started by wanting fresh spinach and lettuce – so I first converted a flower bed and a wash trough into a veg garden – and this is what happened. (more…)
After visiting the recent Sustainable City’s exhibition, and seeing the Giba Organics display, I was inspired to set up a permaculture vege patch in a series of containers, with a helping hand from Mr Wooden Spoon. It doesn’t look like it from the pics, but it was a hella windy day and topsoil, kraal manure and […]
I have recently planted my winter permaculture garden. This seems to be a really good time to grow veges in Durban. It is not too hot or humid and everything seems to thrive. I have planted various lettuce and salad greens, beetroot, radish, egg plant, cabbage and, of course, marigolds to keep the pests away. […]
A raised bed outside my kitchen – all the plants used to get out of hand so quickly, so I am experimenting with growing herbs and vegies in pots of all sorts and sizes – growing well so far.
- Estelle Kuys: Hi I used kava kava about 18 years ago. I was so r...
- usha: Sorry..Vekhad is not working for repel snakes..i t...
- maria: Hi . I also would like to know if you ever found ...
- Sofia: Hello everyone I had a jade vine in Lusaka and ...
- Stephanie Werren: Thank you Margaret! I am going to try the tinsel ...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015