Here is a useful resource I came across the other day, added to the site for “the benefit of gardeners.” It is a searchable database of plants used by the Ethekwini Municipality’s Urban Design Team. See details HERE. While this might have a particularly Durban flavour (and the database is limited), I think the information […]
“Located in the scenic Amathole region of the Eastern Cape in South Africa, Essential Amathole has been established to produce a range of organic essential oils and medicinal plant extracts for the global market”. Still and nursery in Hogsback As many of you know, I keep returning to Hogsback, and Essential Amathole is one of […]
A research project, solicited and funded by the Water Research Commission and the Dept. of Water Affairs (Working for Water Programme) and led by the CSIR, has been commissioned to investigate rates of water-use and growth within indigenous tree systems. The main objectives of the project are to improve our knowledge of how much water […]
Just had to share this plant. It is Impatiens hochsteterii. Indigenous to our country. Likes fairly light open shade. It seems to only grow from seedling and not from cutting. Has anyone had experience with these indigenous plants or had any luck with propagation from cutting. I have managed to salvage seedlings but they are […]
The most exciting day in the gardeners diary is almost upon us. The annual Botanical Society’s Indigenous plant fair takes place from 9 am – 4 pm on the 5th and 6th of Septemper, at the Munies Sports Field, John Zikhali Road (new name for Sydenham Road), Durban (just below the Botanic Gardens). This popular […]
- Personal Yoga studio!? Ahh.. a girl can dream, right?: […] Read More […]...
- Rakesh Singh: I am selling 100% Raw Organic Tumeric Root. We'v...
- Trizar: Good day I am a graduate in Horticultural stud...
- Lynette: Hi Jan, please let me know if and where I can also...
- Anja: I don't even know how I stopped up here, but I a...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Plants to scare off rock dassies? July 9, 2012
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015