There is always some confusion as to which lantanas are invasive aliens and which may be safely grown in South Africa. I did some research and hope the following will help to clarify the matter. Indigenous lantana The most commonly known of our indigenous lantanas is Lantana Rugosa, a straggly shrublet with small mauve florets. […]
I remember as a kid getting lectured at school about the evils of lantana – I think I even went on a school trip to clear it out of our neighbourhood. Back then it was the number one invader species in Durban and everyone was out to get it (see more about invader species and, […]
- Vusi: I am looking for seeds for iboza very urgent ...
- Rakesh Singh: I am selling 100% Raw Organic Tumeric Root. We'v...
- Trizar: Good day I am a graduate in Horticultural stud...
- Lynette: Hi Jan, please let me know if and where I can also...
- Yvonne Bokkelkamp: Hi. I am desperately looking for a few Jade vine ...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Plants to scare off rock dassies? July 9, 2012
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015