Mol-d, you beat me to the draw – I had just taken some photographs of the September Bush flowering in my garden. I wonder if its called the September Bush because it flowers in September? Anyway, it is a great plant to have in your garden and the bumble-bees seem to love the flowers. (more…)
I spotted this striking beauty under a tree outside my office today. The flower is followed by fleshy red berries, which the monkeys and birds love. I’ll try to remember to take a photograph of the berries when they come through. The bulb is traditionally used to cure coughs, headaches and stomach problems. The plant […]
One of the lessons I’ve learnt from writing this blog is to always keep a record of the names of plants you buy from nurseries. I think the next time I create a garden I will write down each plant in a little black book. Anyway, I got this plant from the Fig Tree Nursery […]
My friend Sue gave me a tiny piece of this succulent a couple of years back and it has now grown into a fully-fledged plant – this is the first time it has flowered. I don’t think it is indigenous as it looks South American to me. Anyone recognise it? (more…)
I just wanted to share some photographs of this amazing, lily flower which grew out of a very ordinary succulent in a corner of my garden. (more…)
- Patrick: We can talk about it if you call me on 0838876803...
- Patrick: We have them a lot in my country call my number 08...
- Marilize: Hi, where in Gaborone can I find Comfrey plant? T...
- Kirstin Scott: A friend suggested that thin orange electric fence...
- Annelle Kurtz: Toos van den Berg also has them for sale : she has...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015