Hello, I live in Durban KZN and i am looking for the Wild Garlic Plant. Does anyone know where I can get it? Reena
I thought it was interesting that one of our readers, Ansie, asked which plant to use to keep snakes away, “Wat kan ek plant in die tuin om die huis om slange wêg te hou?”. Ansie commented on ‘Snake Charms‘ and I suggested Wild Garlic (Tulbaghia violacea), apparently cultivated to keep snakes away from the […]
I have just started looking at possibilities for a small garden in my flat and found that there is already a wild garlic plant growing… We have already discussed its varied uses but it seems to have a few more…. (more…)
One of my all time favourite indigenous plants, and also very popular with landscapers in Durban, is the Wild Garlic (Tulbaghia violacea or Isihaqa). It grows in clumps of grey-green, strappy leaves that smell strongly of garlic when bruised or, in fact, even when watered. Beautiful purple flowers appear at the end of stalks throughout […]
- Personal Yoga studio!? Ahh.. a girl can dream, right?: […] Read More […]...
- Rakesh Singh: I am selling 100% Raw Organic Tumeric Root. We'v...
- Trizar: Good day I am a graduate in Horticultural stud...
- Lynette: Hi Jan, please let me know if and where I can also...
- Anja: I don't even know how I stopped up here, but I a...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Plants to scare off rock dassies? July 9, 2012
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015