On a recent trip to Salt Rock,we found these little beauties growing on the hill above the beach. Does anyone know what they are? Sarah www.eyereports.wordpress.com
“Located in the scenic Amathole region of the Eastern Cape in South Africa, Essential Amathole has been established to produce a range of organic essential oils and medicinal plant extracts for the global market”. Still and nursery in Hogsback As many of you know, I keep returning to Hogsback, and Essential Amathole is one of […]
This plant came up in a friend’s garden. Could someone please identify for me. I think it is exotic so it doesn’t matter where it came up but for interest’s sake I live in Durbanville , Cape Town. Hot dry summers, wet winters. This photo was taken late August, which is still very cold and […]
I was recently up in the Midlands for work and we stopped off at the Caversham Press, a writers and artists retreat. This amazing tree was in their courtyard, heavy with pink flowers. Does anyone recognise it? Could it possibly be indigenous? More on the Press at www.cavershamcentre.org. (more…)
This fynbos plant has remarkable colouring. The leaves are a blue-grey and its flowers go from a purple to a lovely brown. Again, I forgot to keep the name of it so if anyone recognises it please let me know. Although it looks like it wouldn’t do so well in Durbs, it is thriving in […]
- Jan: Hi, I'm also looking for ceropegua woodii. Anywhe...
- Pat: I know this is a very old post, but I am looking t...
- Naseema: Its actually found everywhere right under your nos...
- Jurgen: So Kava was banned for selling in South Africa due...
- Jude: Java plum tree...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015