Can someone help me? My cacti and succulents get this weird fungal growth on them. It looks terrible and eventually they become quite unhappy. What is it and how do I go about curing it?
I came back from holiday to find this beautiful cactus flower. How nice!
One of the scaffy cacti I rescued a while back has returned the favour by providing a crown of purple flowers, just in time for Christmas!
My mom was getting rid of this box of scaffy cacti and, as I hate to see a pot plant go to waste, I decided to rescue them. A pair of gloves, some cheap ceramic pots (R16.00) and a bag of gravel later, they were as good as new!
I was up in Vryheid over the weekend, staying at the Natal Spa. They have some really great hot springs there and a very cool, old-school garden. Situated in the centre of this garden were these two interesting cacti. I’m guessing they’re not indigenous to South Africa but are quite beautiful. (more…)
- Tony: My maid used to call them magorbi mushrooms i don...
- Margaret van den Berg: I know someone who lives in Johannesburg south whe...
- david vu: I am based in UK and looking for about 4,000 curry...
- Debbie: hi all I recycle thinners if you require my ser...
- Corne Armand Els: Hi all, I am looking for comfrey plants/leaves in...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015