Hi, I received a plant as a gift the label on the pot identifies it as a Veltheimia, Snake Lily Red. When I look the name up it give me a very different plant. Could you please help me to identify the plant? I have attached some photos. It is like a grass and is […]
My stone plant has just flowered and I wanted to share some pics of it. I always find it amazing that these hardy plants have such beautiful, delicate flowers. (more…)
A lovely young man lent me this enormous pot indefinitely and I would like it to make a statement at my front door. All the other plants are succulents. Should I stay with the theme or fill it full of colourful flowers. I would like to do it over Easter, any suggestions? — Helen McNulty […]
I picked up this interesting-looking pot plant last week at the Shongweni Farmers Market (for a cool R100!). The guy selling it didn’t have much information for me but could tell me it was part of the Ipomoea family. From Wikipedia, “The genus Ipomoea (Greek Ips, Ipos, worm or bindweed and Homoeos, resembling, referring to […]
I never knew this little guy was an aloe – although now that I think about it the red/orange flowers are very similar to the other, larger aloes I have. Its official name is aloe aristata and they were first ‘discovered’ in the Drakensburg in KwaZulu-Natal, but their habitat stretches from the eastern Karoo to […]
- Personal Yoga studio!? Ahh.. a girl can dream, right?: […] Read More […]...
- Rakesh Singh: I am selling 100% Raw Organic Tumeric Root. We'v...
- Trizar: Good day I am a graduate in Horticultural stud...
- Lynette: Hi Jan, please let me know if and where I can also...
- Anja: I don't even know how I stopped up here, but I a...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Plants to scare off rock dassies? July 9, 2012
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015