Hi Sprig, I am looking for Comfrey seeds or plants. I live in Somerset West. I see someone else asked the same question last year. Did they get any info? Mulch love from me, Jen Douglas
I have 5 small spekboom plants in a seedling tray that were taken from cuttings in December. They are very healthy and I am happy for anyone in the Durban area to have them. I really don’t want to post them! Helen McNulty African Cotton
I am a teacher at a socio and economically challenged school and community. I am situated on the border of the Gauteng and Nort west Provinces, close to Johannesburg with various mines and industries with polution issues. I would like to use the spekboom nursery to address environmental awareness at the school, supplement the school […]
Dear Sir/ Madam I would appreciate getting Spekboom cuttings. I came across this article in 2011 Indigenous Gardening Handbook and would like to grow it. Regards, Isaac
A seed bomb (or green grenade) is designed to enable seeds to be sown in hard to reach places or where a gardener cannot take long to prepare the ground. It is a compressed ball of soil and compost that contains seeds. Apparently, seedbombing is widely used in parts of Africa where grass seeds are […]
- NIK: Looks like a Mimosa tree to me....
- Beth White: I have a River indigo tree that has seeded itself ...
- Jessica: Those are almost certainly Makowe mushrooms which ...
- itumeleng maduna: Hey ,i'm presently having a project at school and...
- Shmuel Goldstein: Potato plants are NOT poisonous for rock rabbits. ...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015