In an earlier post, I wrote about the Bulbine latifolia. I also have another species of bulbine, the Scented Grass or Narrow-leaved Bulbine, in my garden and it has just started flowering. It has tiny, delicate, starry-yellow flowers which shoot out on stalks, about 50cm high. It is very easy to propagate – by dividing […]
This is a really cool little plant with some really interesting uses. Traditional healers in South Africa use the sap of the plant to treat eczema and similar skin conditions while the tuber of the plant is used to quell vomiting and diarrhoea. I think it is also being investigated to determine if it has […]
- NIK: Looks like a Mimosa tree to me....
- Beth White: I have a River indigo tree that has seeded itself ...
- Jessica: Those are almost certainly Makowe mushrooms which ...
- itumeleng maduna: Hey ,i'm presently having a project at school and...
- Shmuel Goldstein: Potato plants are NOT poisonous for rock rabbits. ...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015