In an earlier post, I wrote about the Bulbine latifolia. I also have another species of bulbine, the Scented Grass or Narrow-leaved Bulbine, in my garden and it has just started flowering. It has tiny, delicate, starry-yellow flowers which shoot out on stalks, about 50cm high. It is very easy to propagate – by dividing […]
This is a really cool little plant with some really interesting uses. Traditional healers in South Africa use the sap of the plant to treat eczema and similar skin conditions while the tuber of the plant is used to quell vomiting and diarrhoea. I think it is also being investigated to determine if it has […]
- Vusi: I am looking for seeds for iboza very urgent ...
- Personal Yoga studio!? Ahh.. a girl can dream, right?: […] Read More […]...
- Rakesh Singh: I am selling 100% Raw Organic Tumeric Root. We'v...
- Trizar: Good day I am a graduate in Horticultural stud...
- Lynette: Hi Jan, please let me know if and where I can also...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Plants to scare off rock dassies? July 9, 2012
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015