We came across this coastal forest in the Sodwana Bay Nature Reserve. There is a sharp contrast between the dry inland and the wetter, coastal region, which makes for interesting flora. Check out these thorn trees that were shedding their bark… Hella cool! (more…)
died, I was happily snapping pics of all sorts of fauna and flora in KZN. This tree was found in the Sodwana Bay Nature Reserve. Is it some type of Acacia? (more…)
We were recently up in northern KZN and I have a fair few pics that I will be posting… We went diving in Sodwana Bay (my first experience in open water) and it was amazing! It was also great to be out in the bush (well, coastal forest) for a bit, although we cheated and […]
We spent a few days diving in Sodwana Bay last week. It was my first experience of the South African reefs and I was mesmerized! There was an incredible range of corals in all shapes, sizes and colours with each centimeter yielding innumerable surprises from delicate geometric patterns to unlikely minute inhabitants. Of course, the […]
- NIK: Looks like a Mimosa tree to me....
- Beth White: I have a River indigo tree that has seeded itself ...
- Jessica: Those are almost certainly Makowe mushrooms which ...
- itumeleng maduna: Hey ,i'm presently having a project at school and...
- Shmuel Goldstein: Potato plants are NOT poisonous for rock rabbits. ...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015