The City of Cape Town has launched an Integrated Waste Exchange (IWEX) where anyone can register and list any waste items they’d like to exchange in the IWEX catalogue. “IWEX (Integrated Waste Exchange) is a free online system that enables waste generators and users to exchange waste materials. Operating on the principle that ‘one person’s […]
The South African Plastic Recycling Organisation (SAPRO) has released the results of its first annual SA Plastics Recycling survey in collaboration with the South African Plastics Federation, which reveals a 32% increase in the tonnages of plastics recycled over the four years to end of 2009, and highlights the positive impact of plastic recycling on […]
Hi Sprig I recycle 2lt fair Cape milk bottles, yoghurt tubs and cereal packets – mini greenhouses, plant pots, seedling containers, seed sorters – for more info check out : https://ecofootprintsa.blogspot.com/search/label/recycling If it can be re-used before it is melted down to produce another item, I’m all for it. Only when I’m really finished with […]
Although we are a gardening blog, we are also a ‘green’ blog and like to reuse and recycling in the garden, wherever possible. I’ve recently started using old paintbrushes to prop up young trees, see pic below. How are you upcycling in your garden?
In a bid to sort out the unpleasantries sometimes experienced in household waste removal, South Africa will finally put into effect the long-awaited National Domestic Waste Collection. This follows the publication of the National Domestic Waste Collection Standards by Water and Environmental Affairs Minister, Edna Molewa, under the National Environmental Management: Waste Act (Act No. […]
- Mary: The slinga berry ( syringa, China berry etc) ...an...
- Patrick: We can talk about it if you call me on 0838876803...
- Patrick: We have them a lot in my country call my number 08...
- Marilize: Hi, where in Gaborone can I find Comfrey plant? T...
- Kirstin Scott: A friend suggested that thin orange electric fence...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015