Written on behalf of SWC by Val Payn SWC Chair Box 44, Harding Contact cell 083 4416961 firstname.lastname@example.org XOLOBENI MINING IS A TEST CASE OF HOW MUCH COMMITMENT GOVERNMENT HAS TO LOCAL DEMOCRATIC PROCESSES. Should local destinies be decided locally? That is the heart of the issue around the Wild Coast Xolobeni mining debate. The […]
A few month ago I blogged about the proposed mining of Xolobeni in the Eastern Cape. Here is the most recent development, hopefully the Board will make the right decision: 28 January 2010 The LRC to make oral submissions on behalf of the Amadiba Crisis Committee at Xolobeni For immediate release On 8, 9 and […]
I’m sure many people are aware of the proposed mining in the Xolobeni area of the Transkei. Last year I set up an online petition for a group that was opposing it. This and other efforts have fallen on deaf ears and it seems likely that the mining will go ahead. Oh well, I thought, […]
- BestVida: I have noticed you don't monetize sprig.co.za, do...
- Rakesh: Organic Tumeric Root for Sale R75 per kg neg. Con...
- Shmuel Goldstein: Alas, that ultrasonic device "Repels" does not w...
- Michelle Simpson: My husband says Lead-shot (bullets) is the best so...
- NIK: Looks like a Mimosa tree to me....
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Plants to scare off rock dassies? July 9, 2012
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015