Does anyone know how / where to recycle / safely dispose of old paint & chemicals, sealants etc. in Cape Town? I use abundance recycling but they don’t take such things….. I’m thinking if I take it with my charity box to Nazareth House they might just chuck in the trash, which is not the […]
Recycling can be a task. You need to separate your waste and haul it off somewhere. Surprisingly, it is more of a task in Cape Town as the Municipality doesn’t offer recycling bags for paper and cardboard or a recycling collection service. Think again! Recycling can be easy! (more…)
More than half of humanity now lives in cities, according to the United Nations Population Fund. This rapid and ongoing change presents a raft of new challenges, many of which create opportunities for resourceful entrepreneurs. Here are five concepts that target consumers’ increasing interest in growing their own food in the city: 1. REEL GARDENING […]
This post is not specifically about gardening but more about the environment and specifically recycling. There is a great company that has recently started operating in Durban called Earth Green Recycling. They offer a service where, for only R50.00 per month, they will come and collect all your recyclables, i.e. paper, plastic, cans and bottles. […]
- Yvonne Langeveldt: Hi Donovan, hope I am not to late, If there is sti...
- A Jordaan: Hi I am looking for comfrey tuberose not the comfr...
- Anthony: Good day anyone looking for bitter melon cuttings ...
- Audrey: Hi Donovan, looking for the Jade Vine, I am in Cap...
- Estelle Kuys: Hi I used kava kava about 18 years ago. I was so r...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015