Ekurhuleni Metro has added a feather in its cap by being announced the overall winner in the Greenest Municipalities Competition, walking away with prize money of R3.5 million. eThekwini was the first runner-up and walked away with R3 million, while the City of Cape Town was the second runner up and scooped R2.5 million. At local […]
Hi Spriggers, The Lazy Guide to Saving the World is a humorous guide for those looking to save the world in unconventional ways. The book has been sustainably printed on recycled paper, using vegetable ink on a 210mm by 210 mm format ensures there is no paper wastage. The images were created predominantly from objects […]
Man Invents Machine To Convert Plastic Into Oil The machine, produced in various sizes, for both industrial and home uses, can easily transform a kilogram of plastic waste into a litre of oil, using about 1 kW·h of electricity but without emitting CO2 in the process. The machine uses a temperature controlling electric heater instead […]
In an increasingly electronic world, the amount of e-waste we generate is on the rise. The e-Waste Association of South Africa has announced the first of this year’s ‘National e-Waste Collection Days’, scheduled for this Saturday, 6 April 2013. e-Waste management companies will ensure that all the waste collected is dismantled, processed and or disposed […]
When my wife’s parents first came to visit us in South Africa from France they tried to buy us a gift. The first option was a TV (we didn’t want one), the second was a dishwasher (I wanted it!! but we didn’t have space in the flat :-(), the third was a Nespresso coffee machine, […]
- Mary: The slinga berry ( syringa, China berry etc) ...an...
- Patrick: We can talk about it if you call me on 0838876803...
- Patrick: We have them a lot in my country call my number 08...
- Marilize: Hi, where in Gaborone can I find Comfrey plant? T...
- Kirstin Scott: A friend suggested that thin orange electric fence...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015