Sprig is six-and-a-half years, 1132 posts, 785 tags and 3401 comments old. We have some new, exciting, and time-consuming projects on the go, so to create new space, time and energy for these, it is time to say goodbye to our old friend, Sprig… The website is inactive but will be kept online as an archive. Thanks to […]
During 2014 1,084,400 tons of plastic waste was sent to South African landfills. This is according to the latest plastic recycling statistics released by PlasticsSA. PlasticsSA commissions research into the status quo of the plastic recycling industry each year. The information is gathered by interviewing recyclers from around the country and intends to provide valuable […]
Gregory Kloehn goes dumpster diving, but not for the reason that most people would think. He isn’t homeless. Rather, he is an artist who is trying to help the homeless and develop his craft at the same time. Instead of building sculptures that he would sell to rich people to add to their homes, he decided to focus his efforts […]
Dear Friends, Two years ago in the vibrant rural community of Rheenendal, on the edge of the magnificent Knysna Forest, The 7 Passes Swop Shop was born. At that time it was one of about ten similar such projects around South Africa. Each one slightly different, adapted to it’s location. Yet all founded on the same, basic concept: kids in marginalised […]
The winners of our Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World competition are Tracey Frayne and Henry Howard. Well done to you both! For those of you who would still like a digital copy of the book, it is available HERE.
- NIK: Looks like a Mimosa tree to me....
- Beth White: I have a River indigo tree that has seeded itself ...
- Jessica: Those are almost certainly Makowe mushrooms which ...
- itumeleng maduna: Hey ,i'm presently having a project at school and...
- Shmuel Goldstein: Potato plants are NOT poisonous for rock rabbits. ...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015