The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) in partnership with the Eastern Cape Parks and Tourism Agency (ECPTA) celebrated the declaration of the Kwelera National Botanical Garden (NBG) on Tuesday 30 September 2014 in East London. The establishment of Kwelera NBG in the Eastern Cape brings the number of South Africa’s National Botanical Gardens (NBGs) […]
Hi Everyone I am new to the blog. Just moved into a new house with no garden – the tenants of the last year let everything die. Want to start an indigenous garden with Natal cabbage tree/Natal kiepersol and pom-pom trees. Is there perhaps someone in the Pietermaritzburg area that have available? Antonet Jooste 072 […]
Hey, I’m looking for any indigenous tree seeds or cuttings of trees that are able to survive cold conditions (NKZN) I have many different aloes and flower seeds to swop. Thanks Suzan
The Creighton Aloe Festival will be held on the 5th and 6th July 2014. See more details on the Aloe Train, which allows for great aloe viewing, here: https://www.toocee.co.za/aloe.html
I recently did the Otter Trail with friends and it was amazing! It is hiking trail along the Garden Route coast of South Africa, named after the Cape Clawless Otter, which inhabits this region. The trail is widely regarded as one of the finest in the world and stretches from Storms River Mouth in the east to Nature’s […]
- Mary: The slinga berry ( syringa, China berry etc) ...an...
- Patrick: We can talk about it if you call me on 0838876803...
- Patrick: We have them a lot in my country call my number 08...
- Marilize: Hi, where in Gaborone can I find Comfrey plant? T...
- Kirstin Scott: A friend suggested that thin orange electric fence...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015