These large beans are also known as fava beans. In South Africa they are called Boerbone. I love growing broad beans because they are not really available in grocery stores. Broad beans are one of the first vegetables ready for harvest in the spring. The fresh, green taste of the beans is similar to asparagus, […]
My wife and I have been travelling in the USA checking out some of the incredible national and state parks along the Pacific Coast. We visited La Push, the westernmost ZIP Code in the Contiguous United States and to some really dramatic nature. The name La Push is an infusion of the French la bouche, meaning “mouth”, into Chinook Jargon. We had […]
Hi, I am looking for a few Acacia Caffra seeds. Can you help? Richard Cunningham.
Perhaps flowers are the most underestimated gifts of nature when it comes to promoting better health for people. Whenever one visit sites that promote natural ways of healing what usually get the credit for improving a person’s well-being are plant roots, vegetables, and fruit. Flowers are generally treated as accessories, used as displays to beautify […]
Invasive animals are just as detrimental to the environment and conservation efforts as invasive plants. Mallard ducks (Anas platyrhynchos) threaten the genetic integrity of some indigenous ducks, while house crows (Corvus splendens) compete against indigenous bird species for resources and spread human enteric diseases. These are just two examples of many alien invasive animals threatening […]
- Pitsi: Hi every1 im looking for advise or help just wanna...
- bronwyn hawkes: Hi, I am desperately looking for a pink double ...
- Lulama: Hi guys, I'm looking on farming Comfrey but I nee...
- Tracey: I have bitter gourd seed. Please email me what exo...
- Sandra Pool: Does this tree like water. We have an underground...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015