I got these awesome indigenous carnivorous plants today, from Pans Carnivores. They have a variety of indigenous and exotic plants and delivery throughout the country. The indigenous drosera grow wild on Table Mountain and throughout the peninsula. Half of these are going to live inside at my office. Will keep you posted as to whether […]
Join us for informative, hands-on workshops on implementing permaculture into your garden and homesite. We look at soil mainatenance, water harvesting, bio-pesticides and so much more in these different courses. Designed for educators, parents, and anyone else interested in growing your own! Dates: 7 September, 5 October, 2 November Venue: The Birches Per-Primary School, 1 […]
Event to Draw in New Gardeners – 31 August 2013 Going beyond the outdoor classroom, and into the community itself; ecological literacy organisation SEED is bringing hope and resilience to a growing group of Mitchell’s Plain households struggling with poverty and unemployment. The SEED Food Freedom Project teaches people how to grow their own food. […]
The winners of our Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World competition are Tracey Frayne and Henry Howard. Well done to you both! For those of you who would still like a digital copy of the book, it is available HERE.
BotSoc celebrates 100 years of Plants and Biodiversity. The annual BotSoc (Botanical Society) Indigenous Plant Fair takes place on 7 & 8 September 2013, from 9 am – 4 pm each day, at the Munies Sports Field, John Zikhali Road (Sydenham Road), Durban, just below the Durban Botanic Gardens. This year we’re showcasing resilient plants. […]
- NIK: Looks like a Mimosa tree to me....
- Beth White: I have a River indigo tree that has seeded itself ...
- Jessica: Those are almost certainly Makowe mushrooms which ...
- itumeleng maduna: Hey ,i'm presently having a project at school and...
- Shmuel Goldstein: Potato plants are NOT poisonous for rock rabbits. ...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015