The Botanical Society of South Africa KZN Coastal Branch Presents FOOL-hardy Plants for a Resilient Garden An illustrated talk by Wally Menne. Local indigenous plant fundi Wally Menne shares some ideas for fool-proof gardening – using selected indigenous species that will stand the test of time. Including a preview of special plants on offer at […]
The ‘Durban Invasives’ website was recently launched and will assist invasive species managers to effectively manage targeted invasive plants in the Durban metropolitan area. Residents of Durban, as well as visitors, can also report sightings of targeted invasive plants which will be earmarked for eradication. The website is user-friendly and currently lists 10 targeted species […]
This morning our dogs were barking at this snake that was coming out of the water hole in the wall, backwards. By the time my husband came to look at it, the poor thing was horizontal as per picture. He – my husband not the snake – seems to think it might have swallowed something […]
The Deputy Minister of Water and Environmental Affairs, Ms Rejoice Mabudafhasi, celebrated World Oceans Day in Port St. Johns, Eastern Cape on Monday 10 June 2013. At the celebrations, she launched the National Estuarine Management Protocol which aims to protect and preserve the environmental integrity of South Africa’s estuarine ecosystems. “Estuaries form a key connection between […]
Cool idea! City dwellers might consider sparrows an inexhaustible species – pecking at sidewalk hotdog buns and taking dust-baths in parks, the mundane brown birds are seemingly everywhere. But in the U.K., the creatures are actually in the middle of a survival crisis. Urbanization is taking away their nesting sites and the insects they feed upon, and in […]
- NIK: Looks like a Mimosa tree to me....
- Beth White: I have a River indigo tree that has seeded itself ...
- Jessica: Those are almost certainly Makowe mushrooms which ...
- itumeleng maduna: Hey ,i'm presently having a project at school and...
- Shmuel Goldstein: Potato plants are NOT poisonous for rock rabbits. ...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015