Seeds or seedlings? Using seedlings is easier and saves time, but the variety of available vegetables is limited. Choose the strongest, healthiest looking plants. If the seedlings start out weak, they will always struggle to grow and your harvest will be small. Growing vegetables from seed can be challenging. I planted only seedlings for the […]
I’ve been wanting one of these awesome jade plants for ages (they are retro and cool) and my housemate brought some cuttings home. Any tips on how to look after this fascinating plant?
Hi Spriggers, I’ve got bushes and bushes of these little chillies, can someone give me a recipe to make a chilli jam or something? Cheers!
I live in Durban, where marigolds grow wild. Recently I’ve seen bunches of them for sale at Food Lovers Market. I assume they are for eating as they are sold with the vegetables not the flowers. What can I cook with them?
Spriggers I love these bushes in my garden but am not sure what they are called. They have lovely flowers and berries. Can someone give me some more information on them?
- NIK: Looks like a Mimosa tree to me....
- Beth White: I have a River indigo tree that has seeded itself ...
- Jessica: Those are almost certainly Makowe mushrooms which ...
- itumeleng maduna: Hey ,i'm presently having a project at school and...
- Shmuel Goldstein: Potato plants are NOT poisonous for rock rabbits. ...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015