I had been wondering what had been going on with the dunes at Durban’s South Beach. They had just started to look great when the city bulldozed them down. Apparently, they were getting too high! Tony Carnie from The Mercury has the full story … Two years after revamping the beachfront, the eThekwini Municipality is […]
Think gardening can’t make a difference in people’s lives? Think again. One of the components of the UKZN Community Development Department’s Kenneth Gardens Outreach Project, run in partnership with DUT, is an Urban Agriculture project with the aim is to start a communal food garden at Kenneth Gardens. The produce from the garden will be […]
Hi to you both, I found your site via the great article in the Garden and Home July issue!! I live in Kloof in KwaZulu-Natal and have successfully propagated a number of plants of the streptocarpus saxorum from a slip a friend gave me. See the picture. I wonder if you could tell me where I […]
Hi Spriggers, Last year we ran a competition to win Jeannine Davidoff’s ‘South African Planting and Companion Planting Guide‘. In conjunction with *earthwormproductions* we are doing the same again this year in our “Spring has Sprung” competition. The South African Planting and Companion Planting Guide has over 150 vegetable, herb, flower and fruiting species mentioned and […]
I am interested in obtaining Syringa planks in bulk. Would you be able to supply planks in bulk or alternatively provide me with names of some suppliers? Syringa is great wood but alas supplies in Gauteng are scarce. Your help would be greatly appeciated. Tks, Graham
- Vusi: I am looking for seeds for iboza very urgent ...
- Personal Yoga studio!? Ahh.. a girl can dream, right?: […] Read More […]...
- Rakesh Singh: I am selling 100% Raw Organic Tumeric Root. We'v...
- Trizar: Good day I am a graduate in Horticultural stud...
- Lynette: Hi Jan, please let me know if and where I can also...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Plants to scare off rock dassies? July 9, 2012
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015