What should a community do with its unused land? Plant food, of course. With energy and humor, Pam Warhurst tells at the TEDSalon the story of how she and a growing team of volunteers came together to turn plots of unused land into communal vegetable gardens, and to change the narrative of food in their […]
Makaranga Lodge in Durban has a beautiful private botanic gardens, and its currently in bloom! This flower was quite big, bigger than a saucer. — Helen McNulty African Cotton Web. www.africancotton.co.za
Hi Sprig, I would like to know where I can source some comfrey plants in Cape Town please. Thanks, Tina
The annual BotSoc (Botanical Society) Indigenous Plant Fair takes place on 1 & 2 September 2012, from 9 am – 4 pm each day, at the Munies Sports Field, John Zikhali Road (Sydenham Road), Durban, just below the Durban Botanic Gardens. This popular indigenous plant extravaganza showcases the widest variety of indigenous plants available at […]
I’d like to create new plants from cuttings of plumbago and Cape Honeysuckle but have never done this before. Could someone please advise whether it is possible with these plants and then provide a step by step guide for a relative newby? Thanks, Pat
- Vusi: I am looking for seeds for iboza very urgent ...
- Personal Yoga studio!? Ahh.. a girl can dream, right?: […] Read More […]...
- Rakesh Singh: I am selling 100% Raw Organic Tumeric Root. We'v...
- Trizar: Good day I am a graduate in Horticultural stud...
- Lynette: Hi Jan, please let me know if and where I can also...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Plants to scare off rock dassies? July 9, 2012
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015