Wanted: Jade vine creeper

WANTED : Jade vine creeper, also known as Emerald creeper (Strongylodon macrobotrys).

I live near Hoedspruit in Limpopo Province, but regularly visit Durban. There was a magnificent jade vine creeper in our garden when we bought the house, but our builder destroyed the plant before we moved in, during building renovations! It is possible to propagate from semi-ripe stem cuttings and I am happy to try this method. Can anyone help?

59 Responses to Wanted: Jade vine creeper

1. Caroline Toich March 25, 2018 at 1:37 pm #

Ah thank you so much, June is perfect! My email address is cooks27@gmail.com if you’d like to contact me via email to organize payment and delivery etc. thanks again!

2. Nicela May 4, 2018 at 9:33 pm #

Hi Donovan, could you please contact me when the plants you’re growing are available as well? Would love to buy one from you be it June or September. My email is kleyn.nicela@gmail.com

3. Lizette August 17, 2018 at 9:47 am #

Hi Donovan, please contact me. I want to purchase from you a jade Vine. My e-mail= labarnard@vodamail.co.za Kind regards, Lizette.

4. Detlef August 26, 2018 at 7:04 am #

Hi please can you contact me in regards with the jade

5. Pieter Steenkamp August 27, 2018 at 5:53 am #

I have jade vines at my Nursery in White River mpumalanga Pieter 082 9715902

6. Teresa September 7, 2018 at 9:05 pm #

Hi Pieter. Which nursery? The one by the road at the beggining of White River?

7. Tina Botha September 10, 2018 at 8:48 am #

If you live in Nelspruit, the Research institute also have these plants…

8. Brandon Young October 24, 2018 at 7:07 pm #

Does anyone have plants available in the Pretoria area?

9. Sofia November 10, 2018 at 2:24 am #

Hello everyone

I had a jade vine in Lusaka and tried to propagate it by stem cuttings for about 2 years with no luck. A local gardener then showed me how to do it, Take multiple cuttings from an end branch with about 2-3 nodes and a few leaves. Cut the leaves diagonally leaving about half of the leaf (this will stimulate rooting). Put in a container with moist rich soil and place a plastic bag over it and mist the inside of the bag regularly to keep the cuttings in a moist environment. Place in a warm area and keep watering the top soil (only slightly to prevent rotting) and misting the sides of the bag regularly when you feel it is getting dry. Then wait patiently as it can take 2-3 months, and some of the cuttings may not make it. However, you should get about 30% success rate. The bag should only come off after you get a few new leaves. You will know which cuttings are likely to grow as the leaves that were cut in half will remain healthy and green. If they dry up or rot, remove that cutting and pray the others will make it, I managed to grow about 7 cuttings but I’ve since left Lusaka and had to leave them behind.

Good luck to you all – it is a wonderful plant.