We’ve decided to grow a small forest at the back of my parents property and are looking for young trees and seedlings. Anyone have some they have been growing and want to get rid of, to a good home? Will collect in Durban. Cheers, Niall
The mention of the Knysna forest conjures up images of elephants and natural beauty. Nestled on the edges of this green wonderland is Rheenendal: farms, smallholdings, B&Bs and a relatively impoverished community. And it is within this community that something wonderful is happening. In September 2011, the 7 PASSES SWOP SHOP opened its doors. How […]
By Bill McKibbe, founder of 350.org If the pictures of those towering wildfires in Colorado haven’t convinced you, or the size of your AC bill this summer, here are some hard numbers about climate change: June broke or tied 3,215 high-temperature records across the United States. That followed the warmest May on record for the […]
By Andrew Verster, CEO, Wildlands Conservation Trust Last week I received notification that the EXXARO Sands – now Tronox KZN Sands – Fairbreeze mining application has received Environmental Authorization. This Authorization will now be subject to significant legal interrogation through the appeals process, by many concerned citizens and organisations. The reason for this interrogation is that […]
Hi Spriglets, Not sure if you know about it but thought your readers might enjoy iSPOT. I spent last week at the fynbos forum so am bursting with great new info that I can send through Cheers, Nadia
- Personal Yoga studio!? Ahh.. a girl can dream, right?: […] Read More […]...
- Rakesh Singh: I am selling 100% Raw Organic Tumeric Root. We'v...
- Trizar: Good day I am a graduate in Horticultural stud...
- Lynette: Hi Jan, please let me know if and where I can also...
- Anja: I don't even know how I stopped up here, but I a...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Plants to scare off rock dassies? July 9, 2012
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015