A revolutionary low-cost post carbon house built from tyres, cement, recycled wooden pallets, tin cans and cardboard boxes was unveiled yesterday, 21 May 2012, at the Rocklands Urban Abundance Centre on the Rocklands Primary School grounds on the Cape Flats. A project of SEED — a recent finalist in the Deutsche Bank Urban Age Awards — […]
It was announced yesterday that Eskom’s funding plan to 2017 had been approved. The utility company will spend R201.6 billion over the coming period, with R65 billlion budgeted for this year. Part of the funding plan includes a R35 billion increase in the utility’s domestic borrowing programme. This is to fund the construction of the mega […]
My mother and I came across this great little nursery en route to the shops the other day. It’s called Gardens Nursery and if you blink you might miss it. It is tucked away in Scott Street, the road between Buitenkant Street and Maynard Street. The selection of plants is not huge but neither is […]
I’ve recently built this retaining wall and would like to create a vertical garden by planting in and around the sandbags. Could someone please advise me what plants to use? I am based in Durban so they would need to be suited to our climate.
You are invited to attend a public talk: Hope for our Wildflowers – CREW (Custodians of Rare and Endangered Wildflowers) successes with threatened plant species of KZN Suvarna Parbhoo of the CREW Programme KZN node will describe some inspiring success stories of finding and monitoring plants of conservation concern within KZN, with the invaluable assistance […]
- Personal Yoga studio!? Ahh.. a girl can dream, right?: […] Read More […]...
- Rakesh Singh: I am selling 100% Raw Organic Tumeric Root. We'v...
- Trizar: Good day I am a graduate in Horticultural stud...
- Lynette: Hi Jan, please let me know if and where I can also...
- Anja: I don't even know how I stopped up here, but I a...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Plants to scare off rock dassies? July 9, 2012
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015