Good morning We went camping at Thaba Monate near Warmbaths when we saw this round wooden flowery growth on a thorny tree with silver green velvety leaves. My brother in law climbed into the tree, pick it and then cleaned it with his pocket knife and a brush, painted some veneer on and mounted it. […]
Recently, we were fortunate enough to make a trip to Kenya to visit some friends in Nairobi and hit the coast (thanks Voyager miles)… In the next while I’ll be posting a few things we did whilst we were up there… First off, we were at Shimoni on the coast, at a great locale called […]
The South African National Parks yesterday received 1 000 DNA kits to ensure effective prosecution of rhino poachers. According to SanParks, the kits from the faculty of Veterinary Services of the University of Pretoria will go a long way in ensuring management of the rhino population and effective prosecution of rhino horn poachers. Speaking at […]
The KZN Integrated Greening Programme is a partnership between the Kwazulu-Natal Provincial Government, the Wildlands Conservation Trust and Business SA. The programme aims to harness the collective energy of these partners to develop and implement a wide range of community-based greening activities. These will stimulate local economic development whilst nurturing the establishment of vibrant, self-motivated […]
I have a friend who is not sighted and is a keen gardener. Her neighbours cats are driving her mad because of using her succulent garden as a toilet. Any suggestions please. She has tried a few remedies but to no avail. Thank you. Helen McNulty www.africancotton.co.za
- Vusi: I am looking for seeds for iboza very urgent ...
- Personal Yoga studio!? Ahh.. a girl can dream, right?: […] Read More […]...
- Rakesh Singh: I am selling 100% Raw Organic Tumeric Root. We'v...
- Trizar: Good day I am a graduate in Horticultural stud...
- Lynette: Hi Jan, please let me know if and where I can also...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Plants to scare off rock dassies? July 9, 2012
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015