I was recently down at the Durban beachfront with my camera and took some follow-up pics of the dune rehabilitation taking place along the coastline (first blogged about here https://www.sprig.co.za/2010/12/dune-rehabilitation/). It is going really well and it looks like the plants have taken root. (more…)
My neighbours garage roof is covered in plants, grown naturally over many years. There is even a small tree struggling to take root!
Here is a great initiative that one of our buddies is involved in, a film called, ‘To Skin a Cat’. “Leopard numbers are falling drastically across Southern Africa due to a widespread skin trade. Each year, massive numbers of skins are procured by members of the Shembe church for traditional ceremonies. The documentary film, To […]
Hi All, Our survey will end this week and we will collate the responses and let you know the results. Thanks to all of you who have completed it. If you haven’t yet, please do so by clicking here. The winners of our prizes are Linda, who gets a thumbs up and a killer Sprig […]
I found this article the other day… almost a year on from the World Cup. Cool name, don’t you think? A new species from the iris family found near Worcester, is to be named Moraea vuvuzela by SANBI botanist Dr John Manning to commemorate South Africa’s hosting of the first Soccer World Cup on the […]
- NIK: Looks like a Mimosa tree to me....
- Beth White: I have a River indigo tree that has seeded itself ...
- Jessica: Those are almost certainly Makowe mushrooms which ...
- itumeleng maduna: Hey ,i'm presently having a project at school and...
- Shmuel Goldstein: Potato plants are NOT poisonous for rock rabbits. ...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015