Check out these amazing limes, harvested from a tree in our garden then masterfully turned into a delicious cordial by Chips .
A friend has just given me a turmeric plant, which she tells me grows very well in Durban. You eat the root, just like ginger, which it also looks quite similar too. Now I wonder what recipe calls for fresh turmeric?
Check out this US band, Solar Punch, a band with a difference :-). I like their commitment. They sing songs about the danger of plastic, the wonders of clean energy and the carbon output of mass transport. Songs that deal with environmental harm and climate change. But the band practice what they preach and goes […]
We recently visited the Kirstenbosch Gardens. In the succulent house I am came across this little gem, hiding amongst a load of larger plants. Argyroderma subalbum is native to the Knersvlakte, Little Namaqualand and features smoky purple flowers in winter. See a pic of it in bloom here.
I recently picked up an excellent book from my local nursery. Suburban Wildlife in KZN, a WESSA publication, looks at the fauna that you share your garden with. Sections focus in on spiders, insects, frogs and birds, highlighting the importance of each to the ecosystem of the suburbs. With full-colour photographs and descriptions of each […]
- Shmuel Goldstein: Potato plants are NOT poisonous for rock rabbits. ...
- Pitsi: Hi every1 im looking for advise or help just wanna...
- bronwyn hawkes: Hi, I am desperately looking for a pink double ...
- Lulama: Hi guys, I'm looking on farming Comfrey but I nee...
- Tracey: I have bitter gourd seed. Please email me what exo...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015