Dear Sprig, I want to get a worm farm, but the only location I have in our garden is right next to our bedroom window – I’m worried the farm will attract flies, and worse, smell like something died!! Is it OK to have a worm farm so close to the living space? Thanks! Wigglz
So we just made a small pond in the garden, in honour of World Wetlands Day – Wednesday. https://www.environment.gov.au/water/topics/ wetlands/world-wetlands-day/index.html. It’s about a foot deep and not very wide. Lined with tough plastic. Any handy tips from veteran ponders? We’d like to find a battery powered pump, for occasional use. Also need to somehow beautify […]
Our indigenous carnivorous snail is every gardeners best friend! They feed on snails, slugs, earthworms and other soft bodied creatures. The shell can reach more than 7cm in length. When “walking”, I have seen some longer than 15cm! Their eye tentacles are similar to common garden snails, but their lower tentacles are forked. Jean Rodel […]
Check out this cool site on carbon production : On the Food and Trees for Africa site you can donate trees, volunteer for their programmes and calculate the amount of carbon you produce (and then pay for it in trees :-)). Scroll to the bottom of the page and click, “Start Carbon Calculator”.
Over the recent holidays in St Helena Bay, Western Cape Coast, I came across this flowering succulent, huernia acacia. I was told it is indigenous to the area but tracked down and bought one anyway. I brought a piece home and am hoping my son, with his green thumb can get it growing in Durban. […]
- Personal Yoga studio!? Ahh.. a girl can dream, right?: […] Read More […]...
- Rakesh Singh: I am selling 100% Raw Organic Tumeric Root. We'v...
- Trizar: Good day I am a graduate in Horticultural stud...
- Lynette: Hi Jan, please let me know if and where I can also...
- Anja: I don't even know how I stopped up here, but I a...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Plants to scare off rock dassies? July 9, 2012
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015