Hi Sprig blog Thought you might be interested in posting this good hearted appeal from Soil for Life that I came across. Yours in getting your hands dirty Louise ::: Western Cape-based NGO, Soil for Life exists to help alleviate poverty and hunger in the area by teaching people to grow their own food. We’d […]
Last Sunday, after my epic 15km run, Chips and I headed out to Dargle to investigate the Saint Verde Succulent Nursery. Open once a month, and located about an hour and a half from Durban, the nursery is a succulent-lovers paradise. Beautifully laid out under an old shed, the succulents are available in colour-coded ceramic […]
I got this unusual succulent a few years back. It dies down each winter and then shoots out these vibrant spears every spring. Anyone recognize it?
I rescued a group of sad looking cacti the other day (see https://www.sprig.co.za/2010/11/cacti-rescue/) and I am happy to say they are looking great and have found a new home in our courtyard.
- NIK: Looks like a Mimosa tree to me....
- Beth White: I have a River indigo tree that has seeded itself ...
- Jessica: Those are almost certainly Makowe mushrooms which ...
- itumeleng maduna: Hey ,i'm presently having a project at school and...
- Shmuel Goldstein: Potato plants are NOT poisonous for rock rabbits. ...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015