So the tree fern has given us a show of exuberant happiness this season, along with the chocolate cosmos which nestles … (okay, will leave out the silly pun) – but seriously they even smell of chocolate, and a moment of chocolate sniff does *not* stay a lifetime on the hips. Along the fence the […]
Okay Spriggers, we’ve made it even easier to stay up to date with our latest blog posts. Click here to subscribe and get updates mailed directly to your inbox.
The sardine run has recently hit Durban and people have been pulling sardines out of the sea in bucket loads. If you’ve ended up with a fridge full of the little fish, and can’t face another sardine meal, then you can use them ‘as fertiliser like them Pilgrim fathers’, according to regular commenter and occasional […]
After visiting the recent Sustainable City’s exhibition, and seeing the Giba Organics display, I was inspired to set up a permaculture vege patch in a series of containers, with a helping hand from Mr Wooden Spoon. It doesn’t look like it from the pics, but it was a hella windy day and topsoil, kraal manure and […]
Here is a pic, as requested by Pi, of one of the ‘over-enthusiastic and misunderstood little gardeners’ :P, looking cute and innocent (see evidence of her active side here).
- Personal Yoga studio!? Ahh.. a girl can dream, right?: […] Read More […]...
- Rakesh Singh: I am selling 100% Raw Organic Tumeric Root. We'v...
- Trizar: Good day I am a graduate in Horticultural stud...
- Lynette: Hi Jan, please let me know if and where I can also...
- Anja: I don't even know how I stopped up here, but I a...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Plants to scare off rock dassies? July 9, 2012
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015