We have a load of pawpaw (papaya) and banana trees in Durban and they grow really well in our subtropical climate. But I doubt they are indigenous? mol-d (more…)
A lovely young man lent me this enormous pot indefinitely and I would like it to make a statement at my front door. All the other plants are succulents. Should I stay with the theme or fill it full of colourful flowers. I would like to do it over Easter, any suggestions? — Helen McNulty […]
Kirsty took some great pics of the bromeliads in her brother’s garden. Here are a few more of the same in sunlight. They are great! Are they indigenous? (more…)
Hi Any suggestions for an earth friendly way to kill cockroaches? Angela
A raised bed outside my kitchen – all the plants used to get out of hand so quickly, so I am experimenting with growing herbs and vegies in pots of all sorts and sizes – growing well so far.
- Personal Yoga studio!? Ahh.. a girl can dream, right?: […] Read More […]...
- Rakesh Singh: I am selling 100% Raw Organic Tumeric Root. We'v...
- Trizar: Good day I am a graduate in Horticultural stud...
- Lynette: Hi Jan, please let me know if and where I can also...
- Anja: I don't even know how I stopped up here, but I a...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Plants to scare off rock dassies? July 9, 2012
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015