On our last trip to Mkhambathi Nature Reserve we also came across these wild orchids, growing on the coastal grasslands. I wouldn’t know where to start on a botanical or common name… Any takers? (more…)
This amazing succulent was photographed at a friend’s farm in Southern KZN, near Kokstad. It looks prehistoric. Does anyone recognise it? (more…)
At the Durban Botanic Gardens Visitors Complex on Thursday 3rd December at 17h30 this provocative documentary film will be screened – a passionate and urgent call for all of us to prevent the overwhelming consequences of climate change. The Age of Stupid features Oscar-nominated actor Pete Postlethwaite who looks back from the year 2055 to […]
Sprig now has its very own Flickr group. Its a place to upload photographs of your indigenous or food garden, South African plants, nature and landscapes and anything else that may interest the Sprig gardening community. The group is open so anyone can join and add photographs. Check it out at www.flickr.com/groups/sprig/
We were in the Transkei a few weeks ago and had the good fortune of hanging out at the Mkhambathi Nature Reserve. It rules! Grasslands next to the sea, waterfalls flowing into it, hiking, birdlife, migrating whales, baboons and no-one else (aside from staff) in the whole reserve. The reserve is also know for the […]
- Shmuel Goldstein: Potato plants are NOT poisonous for rock rabbits. ...
- Pitsi: Hi every1 im looking for advise or help just wanna...
- bronwyn hawkes: Hi, I am desperately looking for a pink double ...
- Lulama: Hi guys, I'm looking on farming Comfrey but I nee...
- Tracey: I have bitter gourd seed. Please email me what exo...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015