We had a monkey problem a little while back. They kept coming in through the windows and stealing bread and fruit. Someone suggested we make a ‘monkey pile’ away from the house, which we did. It serves a triple purpose: 1) Monkey pile – it does what it says and keeps the monkeys at bay […]
As a follow on from Niall’s post, here is a simple guide to building your own permaculture vegetable garden. It is supereasy and rewarding – here is an update on the food garden 2.0 just 11 days after Niall’s pic: Anyhoo, now to the steps… (more…)
Just had to share this plant. It is Impatiens hochsteterii. Indigenous to our country. Likes fairly light open shade. It seems to only grow from seedling and not from cutting. Has anyone had experience with these indigenous plants or had any luck with propagation from cutting. I have managed to salvage seedlings but they are […]
Can anyone assist from your side of the country. I am looking for Paw Paw trees that are going to bear fruit that doesn’t fall off the tree. I believe one needs male and female but it is a hit and miss affair when one orders them. I am looking for a reliabele supplier to […]
There is a great new section on the Sustainable Gardening website with links to resources and projects that fall under the broad category of Urban Gardening. While focused on the USA, it is good to read up on what they are doing and get some ideas to implement in South Africa. Topics include: Community gardens […]
- Shmuel Goldstein: Potato plants are NOT poisonous for rock rabbits. ...
- Pitsi: Hi every1 im looking for advise or help just wanna...
- bronwyn hawkes: Hi, I am desperately looking for a pink double ...
- Lulama: Hi guys, I'm looking on farming Comfrey but I nee...
- Tracey: I have bitter gourd seed. Please email me what exo...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015