I’m sure many people are aware of the proposed mining in the Xolobeni area of the Transkei. Last year I set up an online petition for a group that was opposing it. This and other efforts have fallen on deaf ears and it seems likely that the mining will go ahead. Oh well, I thought, […]
I must have been nine, when I first did it. It was just one bean, but I couldn’t resist. To see those leguminaceous leaves unfurl…well, that was me, hooked. But one wasn’t enough; it never is. You know the score – all the other kids are making a racket on the playground, and you’re…in the […]
This year, from our very small and very new permaculture garden, we have managed to save seeds from beans, lettuce and spinach. There is a great post on Fennel and Fern, with some beautiful photographs, about saving seed to sow the following season. Click here to read …
Well, spring is here. Branches are heavy with flowers and new growth, the morning light wakes us earlier and earlier and we discover new delights in our garden. I bought this Jasminum Multipartitum (Wild Jasmine) plant at last year’s Botanic Soc sale. It struggled through last year barely pushing out any new growth and I […]
Another scanned cutting for your reading pleasure:
- LT: Hi I want Wild Indigo, scientific name Baptisia ti...
- Sanet: I have 1m + size Jade vines available please conta...
- BM Gordon: Hi. I am also looking for Karela or bitter gourd s...
- Mary: The slinga berry ( syringa, China berry etc) ...an...
- Patrick: We can talk about it if you call me on 0838876803...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015