Two cousins, one proposed mining project on ancestral land and a battle of epic proportions.In the Amadiba area, on South Africa’s stunning Wild Coast, the Pondo people have tended their traditional way of life for centuries. Nonhle, a young local eco-tour guide, is a staunch supporter of her people and the endangered environment on which […]
I have posted a fair bit on the proposed mining of Xolobeni in the Eastern Cape, the local opposition to it and the hardball tactics that the Australian-backed mining company has used to go ahead with its plans to mine the ilmenite-rich coast. Conflict over the mining of the Xolobeni area have resurfaced. Follow the Sustaining […]
I have written a fair amount on the proposed mining at Xolobeni and nearly three years ago now, set up a marginally successful petition opposing it. It was touch and go as to whether the mining rights granted to an Australian company would be repealed so the email I received yesterday from Val at Sustaining […]
There have been some recent interesting developments concerning the Wild Coast mining and Toll rd, which have exposed how authorities have deliberately flouted EIA regulations and legislative requirements. Please click the following links to media articles: THE STAR, BUSINESS REPORT “Wild Coast plans show preference for mining” DAILY DISPATCH “More concerns over Wild Coast mining” […]
A few month ago I blogged about the proposed mining of Xolobeni in the Eastern Cape. Here is the most recent development, hopefully the Board will make the right decision: 28 January 2010 The LRC to make oral submissions on behalf of the Amadiba Crisis Committee at Xolobeni For immediate release On 8, 9 and […]
- Intan: Hello Mimi, did you manage to find pandan leaves? ...
- Rey: Hi Daniel In my country people love broad beans....
- Some Guy: I put handfuls of the seeds in plastic bags, like ...
- Dollie: Hi I found a place in Randburg -on Republic road t...
- Amelia Rossouw: Fresh tumeric roots for sale! R150/kg, organic! Or...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015