Can anyone help Avashnee and her son out? mol-d Hello, I came across your website, and was wondering about Wild Dagga (Leonotis Leonurus). I have a son who is suffering from very bad Eczema and many people told me to get him to bathe in this? Please could you let me know. Thanks, Avashnee Manickum
A while back Sonya asked my advice on pruning her Wild Dagga. “Hack it down close to the base,” I told her and I have now taken a couple of pics to illustrate what I meant. I must stress that this isn’t professional advice and there may be a better way of pruning but it […]
I recently visited my friend’s mom who has an almost entirely indigenous garden, transformed in just three years and last year named ‘Runner Up – Best Indigenous Garden’ in the Pam Golding Properties/Home Loans from Absa Gardens of Pride competition. Creating an indigenous garden can be a daunting task. I have taken a load of […]
This is a follow-on from Sonya’s earlier post, showing my wild dagga flowering profusely. I also started with a small twig of a plant which has now grown into this great bush. (more…)
A rather beautiful name for a somewhat sparse green bush that Roger has accused of being a ‘weed’. However, in the last few days Leonotis (as we’ll call her) has been pushing out furry orange spider legs from her green foliage and making quite a show of herself. Some call her lion’s tail, another site […]
- Sarah Bekker: I have had a jade vine for more than 30 years. Bu...
- Sebusang Sebusang: Hi Nerina what would be the minimum number to cour...
- parker: Thank you. We want to plant for compost activator,...
- Nerina: Hi, depends on how many plants you need Kind re...
- parker: Can you ship to Limpopo province?...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015