Yes, you guessed it (maybe)! World Water Week! The 20th annual World Water Week, organised by the Stockholm International Water Institute, is underway this week with a focus on water quality. The event is a meeting of experts, practitioners, decision makers and leaders from around the globe to exchange ideas, foster new thinking and develop [...]
Since it is National Water Week, we thought we would give you some tips on how to save water around your home. These ideas can be done around your existing home and do not require you to install new systems. Read them at Urban Sprout …
A research project, solicited and funded by the Water Research Commission and the Dept. of Water Affairs (Working for Water Programme) and led by the CSIR, has been commissioned to investigate rates of water-use and growth within indigenous tree systems. The main objectives of the project are to improve our knowledge of how much water [...]
Some advice from the latest Enviropaedia newsletter: Always water your plants during the early morning hours or in the evening. Between 10:00 and 15:00 you can lose up to 90% of water to evaporation. Focus on indigenous and non–invasive alien plants with low water demands. Roof water can also be profitably stored in tanks for [...]
Garden and Home Profile
- Niall: Andre, I would water it once a week or so. They ar...
- Andre Diederichs: Hi I have juts planted a spekboom in a pot. It is...
- Sanford W. Mann: You probably had the "nice" marigolds--deodorize...
- Samantha van riet: Great article-we should be planting vegetable in e...
- JuliannaGee: Kloof SPCA has a few of these growing on the large...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Spring has Sprung Competition September 13, 2012
- Mystery plant February 17, 2010
- Crops planted on rooftops, underground create new jobs, lower temperatures June 10, 2013
- OFFERED: Spekboom and campfire crassula June 5, 2013
- Awesome green wall June 4, 2013
- Hello again! June 4, 2013
- Seeds or seedlings? May 26, 2013
Follow @SPRIGBLOG on Twitter