We went up to the Drakensberg this weekend. It was pretty cold, dropping below zero at night. While there, we went on an epic four hour hike and I took some photographs of the flora that survives under these harsh conditions. (more…)
On the same trip we came across this labyrinth. It overlooks the indigenous forests of Hogsback and you encounter some interesting plants en route to the centre. Once there, I found what I presume is some sort of aloe (see pic).. Who knows what this plant is? The labyrinth is next to accommodation offered by […]
Just a few more plant pics from our cross-country road-trip. Not all of them strange but I think all indigenous … (more…)
I recently took a road trip across South Africa. Its a great time of year to travel. The weather isn’t too hot and many plants are flowering. We stopped along the way to take photographs of the ones that really impressed us, starting with some aloes from the Eastern Cape. (more…)
- Shirley maritz: Where in pietermaritzburg would i be able to buy t...
- Tanya: Hi , can anyone tell me if the leaves are good to ...
- Greg Pettit: I have 640 Turmeric plants in bags, sorry but I am...
- Glenn: For Cape Town try Redz Farm - email@example.com....
- Sarah Bekker: I have had a jade vine for more than 30 years. Bu...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015