Hiking and trail running on the Cape is a game of pot luck. One minute the sun is shining, the next you are enveloped in swathes of cold mountain cloud. We recently went running along the Table Mountain contour path towards Devil’s Peak and stopped at the ‘Breakfast Rocks’, normally a great place to have [...]
Shalom, Found this little critter with Mol-d on a night trail run… He was convinced it is a new species Anyone know anything about this little critter? John Rostance Sunflex Clearly the best way to view your world
Some scientists peer into ocean depths and explore jungles in search of new species. South African scientist Mike Picker made his discovery — a new species of cockroach — in the middle of a top tourist destination. Cape Town’s Table Mountain National Park is home to the world’s only jumping cockroach, which this week was [...]
will get chosen? Are you having withdrawals after voting in the SA Blog Awards? Here is something else you might vote for… Tourism Minister, Marthinus van Schalkwyk, has urged South Africans to vote in the final round of the New 7 Wonders of Nature contest to ensure that Table Mountain makes it onto the final [...]
At the weekend we went for a hike in Hout Bay. As well as great views (Signal Hill and the back of Table Mountain in the distance), I came across this strange plant. It is the flattest that I have seen yet! Any ideas on it?
Garden and Home Profile
- Niall: Andre, I would water it once a week or so. They ar...
- Andre Diederichs: Hi I have juts planted a spekboom in a pot. It is...
- Sanford W. Mann: You probably had the "nice" marigolds--deodorize...
- Samantha van riet: Great article-we should be planting vegetable in e...
- JuliannaGee: Kloof SPCA has a few of these growing on the large...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Spring has Sprung Competition September 13, 2012
- Mystery plant February 17, 2010
- Crops planted on rooftops, underground create new jobs, lower temperatures June 10, 2013
- OFFERED: Spekboom and campfire crassula June 5, 2013
- Awesome green wall June 4, 2013
- Hello again! June 4, 2013
- Seeds or seedlings? May 26, 2013
Follow @SPRIGBLOG on Twitter