Last Sunday, after my epic 15km run, Chips and I headed out to Dargle to investigate the Saint Verde Succulent Nursery. Open once a month, and located about an hour and a half from Durban, the nursery is a succulent-lovers paradise. Beautifully laid out under an old shed, the succulents are available in colour-coded ceramic [...]
Anyone recognise this little succulent? I’ve had it for a few years now and love its segmented stem. Its quite unusual as I haven’t seen many of them around.
My stone plant has just flowered and I wanted to share some pics of it. I always find it amazing that these hardy plants have such beautiful, delicate flowers.
Does anyone have any idea what this succulent is called? I was given it a few years ago and I love how it resembles a heart. I think these would make fantastic wedding party favours, but I’ve no idea what they are or where I could find them… Help! Bridget Visit my website: www.bridgetmcnulty.com
Some close-ups of some of the plants in the succulent house in the Kirstenbosch National Gardens, Cape Town. Please identify any you can!
This amazing succulent was photographed at a friend’s farm in Southern KZN, near Kokstad. It looks prehistoric. Does anyone recognise it?
No cockle shells here, some stones.. When we think of gardens (particularly here in Durban) we often think luscious green… On the contrary, my mother, Helen, has created a unique and interesting garden mainly using stones, pot plants, succulents and cacti… I think the pics speak for themselves. Isn’t it cool?
My friend Sue gave me a tiny piece of this succulent a couple of years back and it has now grown into a fully-fledged plant – this is the first time it has flowered. I don’t think it is indigenous as it looks South American to me. Anyone recognise it?
I just wanted to share some photographs of this amazing, lily flower which grew out of a very ordinary succulent in a corner of my garden.
A couple of months back, Sonya posted a photograph of a succulent with an interesting flower. I have a succulent with a similar leaf structure to Sonya’s and with an equally interesting, but different flower. Any suggestions as to what it is?
Garden and Home Profile
- Mkhuleko Innocent Malinga: dats probably a calliandra selloi,we have at skul ...
- mol-d: i will second that, niall :-D...
- JuliannaGee: What about chili paste? Grind in a liquidiser for ...
- Niall: thanks Lorraine, you are a mine of information!...
- Lorraine: This delightful succulent is commonly called 'Don...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Spring has Sprung Competition September 13, 2012
- Mystery plant February 17, 2010
- My name is Jade May 19, 2013
- Chilli chilli May 19, 2013
- Best Marigold May 18, 2013
- Please help: what are these lovely plants? May 16, 2013
- Yellow Poinsettia May 15, 2013
Follow @SPRIGBLOG on Twitter