We came across this coastal forest in the Sodwana Bay Nature Reserve. There is a sharp contrast between the dry inland and the wetter, coastal region, which makes for interesting flora. Check out these thorn trees that were shedding their bark… Hella cool!
died, I was happily snapping pics of all sorts of fauna and flora in KZN. This tree was found in the Sodwana Bay Nature Reserve. Is it some type of Acacia?
We were recently up in northern KZN and I have a fair few pics that I will be posting… We went diving in Sodwana Bay (my first experience in open water) and it was amazing! It was also great to be out in the bush (well, coastal forest) for a bit, although we cheated and [...]
We spent a few days diving in Sodwana Bay last week. It was my first experience of the South African reefs and I was mesmerized! There was an incredible range of corals in all shapes, sizes and colours with each centimeter yielding innumerable surprises from delicate geometric patterns to unlikely minute inhabitants. Of course, the [...]
Garden and Home Profile
- Mkhuleko Innocent Malinga: dats probably a calliandra selloi,we have at skul ...
- mol-d: i will second that, niall :-D...
- JuliannaGee: What about chili paste? Grind in a liquidiser for ...
- Niall: thanks Lorraine, you are a mine of information!...
- Lorraine: This delightful succulent is commonly called 'Don...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Spring has Sprung Competition September 13, 2012
- Mystery plant February 17, 2010
- My name is Jade May 19, 2013
- Chilli chilli May 19, 2013
- Best Marigold May 18, 2013
- Please help: what are these lovely plants? May 16, 2013
- Yellow Poinsettia May 15, 2013
Follow @SPRIGBLOG on Twitter