Seeds or seedlings? Using seedlings is easier and saves time, but the variety of available vegetables is limited. Choose the strongest, healthiest looking plants. If the seedlings start out weak, they will always struggle to grow and your harvest will be small. Growing vegetables from seed can be challenging. I planted only seedlings for the […]
Hi there, I am in Midrand and was hoping you could advise where i could get a comfrey plant or some seeds. Thanks, Avi
This is an inspiring story from the States. South Africa, take note! Despite the cold and snow, some signs of spring are starting to break through in Colorado. The public library in the small town of Basalt is trying an experiment: In addition to borrowing books, residents can now check out seeds. In a corner […]
You are invited to attend GREEN LIVING EAST LONDON, MARCH MEETING Where: Enviro Centre at Nahoon Estuary Reserve, Bonza Bay When: 17th March Time: 14:30 to 16:00pm Programme: “Seeds of Change” At this meeting we will be exploring the topic of ‘seeds’, those magical little entities! We will kick-start the meeting with a short talk by […]
Hi All, I am looking for seeds of Acacia xanthophloea ( Fever Tree ) Can anyone help or advise on where I could obtain some / Thanks JennyE
- LeeAnn: Hi I have the beautifully flowered plant. I got ...
- Nelani Mabuza: Hi Archie in Nigel, South Africa, kindly help I am...
- aneil: @Bina i visited local garden centers and found goo...
- Catherine: Good day my name is Catherine i have mixed chemica...
- Shirley maritz: Where in pietermaritzburg would i be able to buy t...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015