The South African National Parks yesterday received 1 000 DNA kits to ensure effective prosecution of rhino poachers. According to SanParks, the kits from the faculty of Veterinary Services of the University of Pretoria will go a long way in ensuring management of the rhino population and effective prosecution of rhino horn poachers. Speaking at [...]
Mbombela – A rhino DNA sample kit is expected to help prosecutors be even tougher on those caught with rhino horns. If DNA tests positively link a horn to a specific rhino carcass, suspects will no longer get away with only a charge of possession, they will also be charged with the illegal hunting of [...]
Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife and the iSimangaliso Wetland Authority are extremely pleased with the arrest by members of the SAPF on 13 October 2010 of a man suspected of large scale poaching in the Muzi Pan/Mbazwane area of Northern Zululand. The arrest follows a long investigation into illegal hunting in the area and culminated in the [...]
not sure that the noise-making will do much but donations should help… Concerned about Rhino poaching? Then get ready to take a stand and to make some noise. On 22 September (today), RHINO DAY, WWF calls on all concerned citizens of the world to dust off their vuvuzelas, toot their horns and to make as [...]
Garden and Home Profile
- Niall: Andre, I would water it once a week or so. They ar...
- Andre Diederichs: Hi I have juts planted a spekboom in a pot. It is...
- Sanford W. Mann: You probably had the "nice" marigolds--deodorize...
- Samantha van riet: Great article-we should be planting vegetable in e...
- JuliannaGee: Kloof SPCA has a few of these growing on the large...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Spring has Sprung Competition September 13, 2012
- Mystery plant February 17, 2010
- Crops planted on rooftops, underground create new jobs, lower temperatures June 10, 2013
- OFFERED: Spekboom and campfire crassula June 5, 2013
- Awesome green wall June 4, 2013
- Hello again! June 4, 2013
- Seeds or seedlings? May 26, 2013
Follow @SPRIGBLOG on Twitter