Hi there, I have a wedding on the 28th April in Zululand (KZN). I’m wondering what flowers are in bloom during that time of the month? We are having the wedding on the farm so we can start planting flowers and plants that will be able to be used on the day. Kind regards, Nikki
Hi there knowledgeable garden people! I recently found these darling mushrooms growing wildly in my fathers garden in KZN. Would anyone be able to identify them for me? Are they edible? Many thanks, Sam
for identifying this tree, snapped in northern KZN… 100 for identifying the well camouflaged and badly photographed insect on the tree… 🙂 (more…)
Here is a useful resource I came across the other day, added to the site for “the benefit of gardeners.” It is a searchable database of plants used by the Ethekwini Municipality’s Urban Design Team. See details HERE. While this might have a particularly Durban flavour (and the database is limited), I think the information […]
Hiya! So,having just moved into a new house in a new town, I find myself faced with a garden full of unknown plants. The pictures are of a bush, about 2 metres high, that has begun flowering this last week, and profusely at that. The flowers have no scent, look most like tiny roses and […]
- Jan: Hi, I'm also looking for ceropegua woodii. Anywhe...
- Pat: I know this is a very old post, but I am looking t...
- Naseema: Its actually found everywhere right under your nos...
- Jurgen: So Kava was banned for selling in South Africa due...
- Jude: Java plum tree...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015