A raised bed outside my kitchen – all the plants used to get out of hand so quickly, so I am experimenting with growing herbs and vegies in pots of all sorts and sizes – growing well so far.
This looks like an interesting course: This programme looks at issues and practices such as food sovereignty, horticulture, permaculture and ecological literacy together with some collective civic responses that are beginning to take place and which could provide a range of meaningful environmental actions. The course will be of interest to the school teacher, community […]
Can anyone assist from your side of the country. I am looking for Paw Paw trees that are going to bear fruit that doesn’t fall off the tree. I believe one needs male and female but it is a hit and miss affair when one orders them. I am looking for a reliabele supplier to […]
This is our second permaculture bed, raised off the ground and constructed with sheet mulching. Mol-d will be posting a step-by-step guide to setting one up so I won’t go into any details, but allow me to introduce the plants. (more…)
It has been over a month since the first seeds were planted in the eThekwini Municipality city hall food garden (more on the project here). The attached pictures show how the plants are progressing. The growth of the plants has been excellent, which is expected in this rainy season. A few plants have been taken […]
- Tina Botha: If you live in Nelspruit, the Research institute a...
- Teresa: Hi Pieter. Which nursery? The one by the road at t...
- Muhamed Alli: Hi I am based in Midrand I Tried to email and call...
- Pieter Steenkamp: I have jade vines at my Nursery in White River mpu...
- Detlef: Hi please can you contact me in regards with the ...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015