Could anyone ID this bug,it is being cared for by ants so it could be an aphid of some sort? JennyE
A couple of years back I planted a fever tree outside our gate. The tree never really took off. It didn’t die or look sickly, it just never seemed to grow. I put it down to the fact that the soil I had planted it in was this terrible, sandy, red earth and decided to […]
We got three Halleria Lucida plants at the plant fair last spring. Two are doing swimmingly, while the third seems to have been infected with a fungi, or eggs laid by little miggies… Have a look and compare the two pictures. Do you know what those little miggies are? The Halleria infected by them is […]
I was taking a photograph of a Wild Garlic (tulbaghia violacea or isihaqa) flower this morning and a bee flew into the shot as I took the photograph. Pretty cool.
There is a swarm of dragonflies (I would estimate 20 to 30) currently living in my garden. They are most probably there because of an abundance of food – they eat other smaller insect such as aphids and flies, so I ain’t complaining. Plus, they are pretty cool to watch darting about the place and […]
- A: Mdonis are called Jamun fruit . Burdekin Plums are...
- Astrid Buhmann: Hi all, Seems lots of people are looking for "...
- Charles Kuhn: You can have as many seeds/seedlings as you want f...
- logic: I have read with interest the idiotic and pathetic...
- QUANG LE HONG: Hi everyone, I sell tumneric, ginger in Bulk fro...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Wanted: Jade vine creeper July 17, 2012
- WIN: The Lazy Man’s Guide to Saving the World July 2, 2013
- August 20, 2015
- The Shore Break August 20, 2015
- The Witness Garden Show 2015 July 23, 2015
- South Africa’s Plastic Recycling Statistics for 2014 July 1, 2015
- Help identifying tree often used in landscaping June 23, 2015