I am moving into a new place soon that has a small space for a garden. At the moment, the ground is covered with gravel, but I would like to grow grass instead. I would prefer not to use any grass that is GM, but still green, soft and that isn’t too thirsty. The garden [...]
Due to friendly requests from KZN residents, we decided to present a grass ID course in Durban this Wednesday, 26th January. Details here. At this stage we only have 3 reservations. However, the course WILL continue. We have a friendly request. Can you please assist us to get more people on the course by informing [...]
Please advise how to go about planting a natural grass garden in midlands, cold dry winter and hot rainey summer. Soil conditions, feeding etc. What is the best ‘lawn’ for a courtyard? Also, any tips for trees that handles severe cold. Thanks, From new area gardener
Garden and Home Profile
- Niall: Andre, I would water it once a week or so. They ar...
- Andre Diederichs: Hi I have juts planted a spekboom in a pot. It is...
- Sanford W. Mann: You probably had the "nice" marigolds--deodorize...
- Samantha van riet: Great article-we should be planting vegetable in e...
- JuliannaGee: Kloof SPCA has a few of these growing on the large...
- Companion Planting Competition November 16, 2011
- How cool is spekboom? February 12, 2009
- Syringas March 11, 2009
- Spring has Sprung Competition September 13, 2012
- Mystery plant February 17, 2010
- Crops planted on rooftops, underground create new jobs, lower temperatures June 10, 2013
- OFFERED: Spekboom and campfire crassula June 5, 2013
- Awesome green wall June 4, 2013
- Hello again! June 4, 2013
- Seeds or seedlings? May 26, 2013
Follow @SPRIGBLOG on Twitter